Safeguarding and Child Protection
The Safeguarding of every pupil in our care is of paramount importance to us here at St. Mary's Primary School. All staff, both teaching and non-teaching, are aware of the possible signs of abuse and the procedures to follow if a concern or disclosure arises.
We are an Operation Encompass School. Operation Encompass is an early intervention partnership between Police and Schools. It is aimed at supporting children who are victims of domestic violence.
Should you wish to find out more information, please contact the school's Designated Teacher for Child Protection, Mrs McCutcheon, or alternatively you can read more about Operation Encompass by accessing the document below or by using the Operation Encompass website. www.operationencompass.org
The following are the members of St. Mary's P.S Safeguarding Team:
- Mrs B. Milner: Principal and Chair of Safeguarding Team (email@example.com)
- Dr A. McCullough: Chairperson of Board of Governors (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mrs M. Addison: Governor of Safeguarding Team (email@example.com)
- Mrs S. McCutcheon: Designated Teacher for Child Protection (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mrs O. Martin: Deputy Designated Teacher for Child Protection-Primary School (email@example.com)
- Mrs A. Drayne: Deputy Designated Teacher for Child Protection-Nursery (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Safeguarding Team may contacted at any time regarding the welfare and safety of any child by following the procedures in the school Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
If the school is closed due to Covid-19 or pupils are self-isolating, the Safeguarding Team can be contacted via the email addresses above.